As most of you probably figured out, I don't make desserts very often (Last dessert post was August 2013). I just don't have a huge sweet tooth, so I just save them for special occasion. My wife and I love strawberry milkshakes from McDonalds...yeah that's right we eat at McDonalds and we're proud of it!
Since strawberries are in season, I wanted to surprise my wife one night and make us a little treat one night. So I figured I'd make us some homemade strawberry milkshakes. Granted they didn't taste like McDonald's milkshakes...they both have their plus'...just depends on your mood. But these were quite delicious, had a very fresh taste, and the best of all were extremely easy to make!
If you don't indulge in sweets to often like us, then you should treat yourself and have a Happy Valley Chow Strawberry Milkshake! Let me know in the comments below what you think :)
Strawberry MilkshakeTotal time: 15 min | Yield: 2 large or 4 small milkshakes
- 1/2 pound Fresh strawberries
- 2 Tbsp White sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3/4 to 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 pint Strawberry ice cream
- Put two pint glasses (or four smaller glasses) in the freezer to chill.
- Hull the strawberries and slice them. Place in the blender with sugar, vanilla, and 3/4 cup of milk. Blend until the strawberries are pulverized. There should be no big chunks left at all.
- Add in the strawberry ice cream and blend until smooth. If it won't blend very well or gets stuck, carefully add as much as 1/4 cup or more milk. Stir or shake if necessary.
- Pour the milkshake out into the chilled glasses and garnish with strawberries. Enjoy!