Chipotle Orange Glazed Pork Chops
The weather here has been all over the board, beautiful warm days, rainy windy days, cold days, snowy days...But, what do you expect in Northeast Indiana? Luckily we have had a few awesome days sprinkled into the crappy days, primed to fire up the grill. I made these awesome pork chops on one of those awesome days and they were delicious. Not only were they delicious, but they were super easy. Not only do you get a wonderful sweet, smokey, spicy pork chop. But, I love how it looks, you get those beautiful red flakes in there from the chipotle. Give this a try for a wonderful, easy, quick, affordable meal. Of course, these can be made indoors as well, by using either a grill pan or saute pan. Let me know what you think!
Chipotle Orange Glazed Pork Chop
Prep time: 10m | Cook time: 10min | Total time: 17min | Yield: 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp orange juice concentrate
- 1 tsp seeded and finely chopped chipotle pepper
- 1/2 tsp adobo sauce
- 4 Center cut pork loin chops (3/4" thick, about 8 ounces)
- salt, as needed
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, orange juice concentrate and chipotle. You may need to microwave for a few second to melt the concentrate.
- Preheat grill. Sprinkle both sides of the chops with salt. Brush 1 side of chops generously with glaze. Place on grill, glaze side down. Brush other side with glaze. Cook 2 min and then rotate 90 degrees (to obtain grill marks) and grill for another 2 min. Flip and repeat cooking process. If you get grill marks and you still need to cook the pork chops, move them over to the indirect side of your grill to finish cooking.
Please, for the love of god, don't over cook your pork chops! Get yourself a Thermapen MK4 and cook these bad ass pork chops to 140F and let them rest of 5 min. The cooking process will continue through the resting period and should get you up to 145F. Thermapen is the best thermometer on the market. They are fast, reliable, durable, waterproof...just down right awesome and need to be in every kitchen.