This is one of the Pepple Household's go-to meals. These Chicken Fajita Quesadillas are delicious, easy, quick, and best of all, cheap! Not only do Lee and I love them, but our son Adam has grown very fond of them as well...but lets be serious, he really is all about the cheese and quesadilla part. There really isn't to much to say about this one, it's just one of those goodies that doesn't take a lot of effort that everybody needs in their arsenal. So, put this recipe in yours and give it a try. Don't forget to let me know what you think in the comments!
Chicken Fajita Quesadilla
Prep time: 10m | Cook time: 30min | Total time: 40min | Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Lbs. Chicken, sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- 1 package Old El Paso fajita mix
- 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 flour tortilla, 12"
- canola oil, as needed
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat, add in a tablespoon of canola oil and brown the sliced chicken. Add in the sliced red pepper and jalapeno. Cook until softened. Add in the fajita seasoning and 1/2 cup of water. Stir and cook until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add in a tablespoon of canola oil. Lay tortilla down in pan, on one half of the tortilla add 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar, 1/4 portion of chicken, 1/4 portion of peppers, and fold the other half of the tortilla. Cook tortilla until golden brown, about 2 minutes, flip over and brown the other side. Repeat process with remaining tortillas. Cut, serve, and enjoy!
7 more weeeeekksss! When I graduated college I thought for sure I was done with homework for a little while. But of course this training program makes me do a TON of book work...cannot wait to get this training done and really get into the meat and potatoes of my job. But, luckily the one thing that hasn't changed is lots of good food. Not only do we make good food, but living in a new town I get to try a whole bunch of new restaurants. Today I'm going to partake in some Irish Fare at J.K. O'Donnells to celebrate my birthday...29....ugghhh the roaring twenties are almost over :(
Speaking of making good food, my wife hit another home run with this delicious casserole. We love our Mexican food and this is definitely one of my favorites. Layers of tortillas and chicken gooey goodness! Definitely give it and try and let me know what you think in the comments below :)